Celebrate with us!
It is with great excitement we announce that after completing our annual financial audit and compiling data, editing, designing, and mailing, we can present LIA’s 2009 Annual Report with joy!
We’ve called this annual report: Empowering Change and the entire piece showcases the ministry that God allowed us to participate with during 2009. To him be the glory!
We have mailed out a copy of the report to partners who generously donated to LIA in the past two years, or to those that have served on a short-term team with us in Africa. If you don’t fall within one of these criteria, or simply want to ensure that we’ve mailed you a copy of the annual report, please send us an email and we’ll get back to you.
As our committed prayer partner we ask that you join us this morning as we take time to thank the Lord for the work that has been accomplished throughout 2009. Below you will find a highlight from each of the countries as they are found in the report. Thank you for taking time to praise the Lord with us, both for the guiding hand of the ministry and the impact that has been seen in the communities where we serve.
– We commenced a community based water supply, sanitation and hygiene initiative in Addis Ababa with the aim of reducing communicable disease prevalence and improving quality of life for 4,700 household in the slum areas.
– Please Pray that this initiative will continue to grow and that more families will see improved water and sanitation in their communities.
Horn of Africa:
– As we established our International Headquarters in Nairobi and brought our Senior management team under one roof, LIA was able to implement more programs in the Horn and facilitate and sustain them more effectively.
– Please pray for the underground churches in this area. That they would be protected from any persecution and would be met with receptive hearts from those within the community.
– We formalized key relationships bringing our church partnerships to a total of 30 and are nurturing even greater community engagement.
– Please continue to pray for strengthened relationships with the churches and their leaders. Pray that the training will continue and more families will be impacted by the diligent work of the local churches.
– In Rumbek, South Sudan, LIA helped establish a school, children’s ministry, theological training program and medical clinic for the benefit of more than 1,200 community members. This clinic more recently has seen great success and is well accepted and utilized by the community.
– Please pray that the Lord would continue to bless this clinic and those that dedicated their time to serve the community in this transformative way.